Saturday, August 29, 2009

what sleep deprivation and apartment living will do to you.

so. this morning around 7AM i woke up b/c i could hear lucy wandering around and she needed to go out. in my bleary haze (since i sleep in small increments thanks to our little buddy carter who can't seem to figure out that most people like to sleep more than 3 hours at a time at night), i grabbed the leash and slipped into my flip flops and took lucy outside to do her business. I am standing in the dog walk area half asleep while a couple early risers drive past leaving the parking garage. Suddenly, I look down and realize that I am wearing nothing more than a tank top and underwear. leapard print boy shorts to be specific. TOTALLY MORTIFIED.

3 comments:

The Chen Family said...

Oh Julie...that is awesome. I am totally laughing outloud! Could you post a picture of that ensemble? :)

K said...

Jules, That rocks! I am also making a note of this as I have a dog who needs to go out at times and a baby who sleeps in 2 1/2 hour increments(right now I would pay good money for 3 hours). My deck is visible to many so I will be wearing yoga pants and t-shirts to bed full time. Who am I kidding I actually already wear that so that getting dressed before dropping Erik off at school is optional. Oh what kids do to us. And I second the request for a pic of the ensemble.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Julie, I laughed out loud so hard in my cubical with this one!! I can so picture you and Lucy standing there....you need rest love!! 3rd request for your "dress yourself in anything" pictures. Love Ya Linda