Saturday, August 30, 2008

the pregnancy fog

so. although we are happy and thrilled to be adding to our family, i must admit i do not really enjoy pregnancy. for those of you who remember my pregnancy with eden, it was filled with pain and misery due to kidney problems--something i have tried to block out of my memory which hopefully in some way will guarantee it won't happen this time. but last night, i was lying awake in bed around 3AM and started composing a list of things i hate about being pregnant. so here goes:
1) my complete loss of willpower when i am in the grocery store and am unable to stop myself from putting such nasty items as cans of cheetos and bags of frosted animal crackers into my cart (they were both delicious by the way)
2) the moment i found out i was pregnant i started waking up in the middle of the night to pee--this must be psychological, right?
3) my inability to hold intelligent conversations for nine entire months
4) with eden i didn't start to show until about 4-5 months, with this one, my belly popped out about 30 seconds after reading the positive pregnancy test
5) i think my husband is less accomodating and sympathetic b/c i've done this before (kind of like it's less impressive the second time around...)
6) prenatal vitamins make me feel like barfing
7) feeling like a walking zombie most of the time
8) figuring out where we are going to put everyone in our very non kid-friendly home

okay, now the complaining is out of my system and in print, so from now on i promise to be demure and positive...
(yeah, right)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Another beautiful baby on the way. Pray that this time will be better than the last. God's blessings to the family.

Heidi Sue said...

Ah!!! So, I just posted a birthday-comment on your facebook... came straight over to the blog and discovered the great news. Congratulations, my friend. Last fall, I told Tim that the next time I'm tempted to try to get pregnant again that he needed to remind-remind-remind me how much I HATE the beginning of pregnancy. I got SUPER-sick w/ S and QUITE-sick w/ N... and I just felt like half of myself the whole time with both... And funny thing - I bought new perfume while pregnant with N... thought I liked it on someone else, decided that it smelled like poop on me. But now that my pregnancy-sense-of-smell is gone, I like the perfume again. :)

Hoping and praying that there are more moments of sanity and whatnot while pregnant with #2. :)

Renee said...

hang in there. hopefully this nine months will fly by and you'll have a healthy beautiful baby to hold. congrats! -renee

Schulz Sightings said...

Yeah! Congratulations. I am SO happy for you. ( I can't believe I haven't got a card in the mail for you yet.) I will pray for an easier pregnancy this time. We love you!
Emily

The Chen Family said...

Geez...I'm so sad I can't be there to walk with you around the Heights. I'm SO SURE that is what you feel like doing right now! ;) Hilarious post! I've read it 4 times! We miss ya'll!