i almost don't want to admit this in case i flake out at the last minute...in a few weeks i will be participating in my first triathlon. i totally blame my friend katie for getting me into this, and when i pass out or puke on the course, i expect her to be there holding my hair back or pumping fluids into me.
i am slow, and i mean REALLY SLOW, but i think i might be able to do it. but it's not without a few setbacks. this morning at the start of our 15 mile bike ride i completely forgot i was riding a road bike and that my shoes were 'clipped in' to the pedals. needless to say, don't stop your bike without releasing your shoes or you will come to a complete stop and then suddenly fall over sideways in a helpless and totally embarrassing manner. and then you will lay there on the ground still stuck to your bike and unable to get out until someone nice helps you. i have the bruised knee and wrist to show for it. not to mention bike grease on various parts of my body that is proving challenging to remove.
here's hoping the 'practice makes perfect' mantra holds true in this endeavor.
4 comments:
Ouch, don't feel to bad I think that happens to everyone when they first start. I'm so impressed with you girls !!!
Go Girl! I didn't know you were doing this. You will get better! I am impressed you are doing it! Good for you! And fun seeing you the other night.
Thanks for the laugh. I have such a great visual in my head!
Yeah!! go for it, you are going to do great. Just a little warning, the last 2 triathlons I've trained for I got pregnant in the middle of training... I don't know what that says.
Post a Comment